Suicide Prevention: Need Help?
Help and support are available.
- Safe Haven Crisis Support Line
- Barnet Enfield Haringey BEH 24/7 crisis line
- Mental health services in Barnet, Enfield & Haringey BEHMHT
- It’s safe to talk about suicide
- Staying Safe – how to make a safety plan
Support after suicide – one to one service offering practical and emotional support
Feeling suicidal? Worried about someone?
Organisations offering crisis support
- Samaritans – available 24 hours a day, every day. Calls are free from any phone, 116 123 or email [email protected]
- Maytree – A sanctuary for the suicidal. Maytree can offer a calm, safe place to stay, where you can talk to someone. Their helpline is open 24 hours a day. If there’s no answer leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Call 020 7263 7070 or email [email protected]
- The Listening Place – Face to face support for individuals in crisis. Open for appointments between 9am and 9pm, 7 days a week. Call 020 3906 7676
- CALM – Campaign Against Living Miserably is a helpline for men. Open from 5pm to midnight every day. Call 0800 58 58 58 (Nationwide) or 0808 802 58 58 or use the CALM Webchat
- Papyrus – runs HOPELineUK, a specialist service offering confidential support and advice for young people under 35. Call 0800 068 41 41, or text 07786209697 or email [email protected]. Opening hours are 10am to 10pm weekdays, 2pm to 10pm weekends and 2pm to 5pm bank holidays.
- National Suicide Prevention Helpline UK offers a supportive listening service to anyone throughout the UK with thoughts of suicide or thoughts of self harm. We are open 24/7 on 0800 689 5652. Anybody is welcome to call us if you need to talk.
- Haringey Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Centre at St Ann’s
Haringey Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Centre can be called 24 hours a day to arrange a visit and assessment.
Haringey: 0208 702 6700
Barnet: 0208 702 4040
Enfield: 0208 702 3800
ChildLine can help – whatever your worry, children and young people can contact ChildLine about anything. No problem is too big or small. Calls are free, anytime on 0800 1111 or have a 1-2-1 counsellor chat
Posted on: 9th June 2020