Other services

We are a non-clinical mental health charity, and there may be times that we are unable to provide the specific service that an individual is looking for. We have compiled several documents of alternative services to contact. The vast majority of these services are based in Haringey and targeted at residents of the borough.

Advocacy and Advice services (including housing)

This list includes services such as NHS complaints advocacy, Apex House accomodation service, and Voiceability Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy.

Advocacy and Advice Services

Haringey Council now have a webpage listing their housing services, you can see it here: http://www.haringey.gov.uk/housing/housing-services-directory/housing-services-directory-housing

Shelter, the housing and homelessness charity: http://england.shelter.org.uk/

Crisis Support

This list includes the Samaritans, A&E departments, and the Haringey Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Centre.

Crisis Support

Counselling services

Includes NHS counselling services and online/telephone counselling services.

Alternative Counselling Services

Other local Mind branches

Mind in Enfield

Web: http://mind-in-enfield.org.uk/

Telephone: 020 8887 1480 

Email: adviceteam@mind-in-enfield.org.uk

Mind in Islington

Web: http://www.islingtonmind.org.uk/

Phone: 020 3301 9850

Email: admin@islingtonmind.org.uk

Mind in Camden

Web: http://www.mindincamden.org.uk/

Telephone: 020 7911 0822

Email: admin@mindincamden.org.uk

Mind in City & Hackney

Web: http://www.cityandhackneymind.org.uk/

Telephone: 020 8525 2301

Email: services@cityandhackneymind.org.uk

Support for friends and family

Rethink offer information and advice to friends and family members of those affected by mental health, and have some support groups throughout the country: https://www.rethink.org/carers-family-friends

Sane offer many different types of support, including by phone, text, email, or online forums: http://www.sane.org.uk/what_we_do/support/

Mind's national website has a page dedicated to supporting someone else with a mental health problem: http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helping-someone-else/